NDC Type Marcy Pulp Density Scale
The NDC type Marcy Pulp Density Scale is a device for quickly measuring the concentration of ore pulp. Because of its simple structure and low price, it is widely used in laboratories in geological and Metallurgical departments and concentrators.
- Weighing Scale: 1-3Kg
- Concentration Scale: 0-86%
- Specific Gravity Scale: 0-9
- The calibration error of the weight scale is not more than ± 10g.
- Dimensions: ф222X55
- Weight: 2.5Kg
The NDC type Marcy Pulp Density Scale consists of:
- 3kg weighing device
- A measuring cylinder with a volume of 1 liter.
Its weighing mechanism is a pair of calibrated precision springs. The upper end of the spring is fixed on the bracket with two M3 screws, and the other end is hung on the spring. The weight of the slurry measuring cylinder is added to the weighing spring through the load hook spring frame. The deformation of the weighing spring under load is driven by the rack frame, rack gear, and shaft on the spring frame to drive the pointer to rotate, indicating the specially designed concentration value.
The conversion of the concentration value is carried out under the volume of 1 kg of pulp. So the error of the measuring cylinder directly affects the measurement accuracy of the concentration meter.
Use & Maintenance
The NDC type Pulp Density Specific Gravity Scale is a precision measuring instrument, especially the weighing spring and measuring cylinder. It is determined after careful calibration and generally, it must not be changed.
Use & maintenance of Density Specific Gravity Scale
After removing the package, the new Marcy scale should do the following work:
- Get the proportion of dry ore of the tested pulp.
If there is no existing dry ore specific gravity, it can be measured with an NDC-type concentration meter.How to use density-specific gravity scales to measure the dry ore proportion of ore pulp?
Hang the NDC type Marcy Scale in an appropriate position.
2. Fill the measuring cylinder with clean water, and the pointer should point to the 1 kg scale directly above.
3. The deviation of the pointer can be adjusted by the half-head adjustment screw above the load hook, make sure the pointer accurately points on the 1 kg scale.
4. Take off the measuring cylinder, pour out the clear water, and then load 1 kg of processed dry ore in the measuring cylinder.
5. Fill the measuring cylinder with clean water until it flows out from the overflow port.
6. Hang the measuring cylinder filled with water and dry ore on the hook, and the pointer position corresponding to the specific gravity scale line on the innermost circle of the dial is the dry ore specific gravity of the mineral.
- After the specific gravity of the dry ore of the tested pulp is known, replace the dial suitable for the specific gravity of the mineral in the mining area. Re-adjust the pointer to align with 1 kg.
- Take a sample of 1 liter with a graduated cylinder and hang it on the load hook. At this time, the position indicated by the pointer corresponds to the concentration value of the scale circle of the specific gravity of the dry mineral of the mine, which is the percentage concentration value of the pulp.
- The outermost circle of the dial of the concentration meter is the weight scale value of 1-3kg.
- During use, suggest hang the concentration meter close to the working place. It should be calibrated regularly to avoid frequent movement, so as not to affect the accuracy and measurement tolerance.