Drum Dryer are widely used in building material, metallurgical chemical, and cement industries to dry materials such as limestone, coal powder, slag, and clay. They are mainly composed of revolving bodies, raising material board, transmission device, supporting device, seal ring, etc.
Drum dryer is called cylinder dryer or long cylinder dryer. It is a kind of dryer equipment, which is the most commonly used drying equipment in mineral processing equipment. Cylinder dryer is also the most widely used dryer in industrial drying equipment. The dryer can process and dry various powdery, blocky and granular materials such as coal slime, mineral powder, slag, sludge, clay and fly ash. With reasonable operation parameters, the coal consumption and power consumption of the drum dryer are reduced by more than 10-15%, and the output per dryer is increased by more than 10-15%. Its’ production capacity is 1-40 T / h. This drum dryer has the characteristics of high production efficiency, convenient operation, easy maintenance, reasonable structure, excellent manufacturing process, high efficiency and energy saving, convenient operation and so on.
The main components of a drum dryer include:
1. Rotary body: a rotary cylinder slightly inclined to the horizontal line, in which the wet material rotates together with the cylinder. And the wet material flows to the lower end under the action of gravity and is dried and discharged.
2. Lifting plate: the material rotates with the rotating cylinder in the rotary body. In the process of full contact with the hot air flow, the material is continuously sprinkled by the lifting plate. The wet material forms a uniform curtain in the cylinder, and has full contact with the hot air flow for heat exchange. So as to achieve the purpose of further drying.
3. Rotary device: the rotary device drives the rotary drum of the dryer to rotate to make the wet material fully contact with the inner wall of the drum.
4. Feeder box: the material enters the rotary body from the feeder box.
Our Drying System
The whole drying system consists of the following parts
1. Feeding device (belt conveyor, bucket elevator);
2. Main engine (inlet and outlet, cylinder, big gear, tugboat, idler, transmission part)
3. Combustion chamber (including burner);
4. Induced draft fan;
5. Dust removal system;
There are two kinds of drying systems commonly used in drum dryer, one is coal as fuel drying system, and the other is natural gas or oil as fuel drying system.
Work Flow Chart of Fuel Gas Tube Dryer
Work Flow Chart of Steam Dryer
During the working process of the drum dryer, the wet materials are sent to the hopper by the belt conveyor or bucket elevator, and then enter the feeding end through the feeding pipe through the feeder of the hopper. The inclination of the feeding pipe should be greater than the natural inclination of the material, so that the material can flow into the dryer smoothly.
The cylinder of the drum dryer is a rotating cylinder which is slightly inclined to the horizontal line. When the material is added from the higher end, the heat carrier enters from the lower end and contacts with the material in a counter current, and the heat carrier and the material flow into the cylinder in parallel. With the rotation of the cylinder, the material moves to the lower end under the action of gravity. When the wet material moves forward in the cylinder, it is directly or indirectly heated by the heat carrier to dry the wet material, and then sent out by belt conveyor or screw conveyor at the discharge end. The inner wall of the drum dryer is equipped with a copy board, which is used to copy and scatter the materials. It will increase the contact surface between the materials and the air flow, so as to improve the drying rate of the cylinder dryer and promote the material forward. The heat carrier is generally divided into hot air, flue gas and so on. After the heat carrier passes through the dryer, the cyclone dust collector is generally required to capture the materials in the gas. If it is necessary to further reduce the dust content of the tail gas of the drum dryer, it should be discharged after the bag filter or wet filter.
Advantages and Features
High thermal efficiency and low energy consumption.
Excellent production, greater production capacity, continuous operation.
The structure is simple and reasonable, and the operation is convenient.
Less trouble and low maintenance cost.
It can be used to dry granular materials, and it is also good for those materials with high adhesion.
The operation flexibility is large, and the output of products is allowed to have a large fluctuation range, which will not affect the quality of products.
It’s easy to clean.
The dryer adopts “self-aligning supporting roller device”, which greatly reduces the wear and power loss.